- Mandate of the CRIC
Mandate of the CRIC
Mandate of the CRIC at intersessional sessions
The CRIC shall focus its work on the assessment of implementation by Parties and other reporting entities through, inter alia:
- Undertaking an assessment of implementation against performance indicators every two years and against impact indicators every four years;
- Disseminating best practices on the implementation of the Convention, focusing its work on thematic topics:
- capacity-building and awareness raising;
- policy, legislative and institutional framework;
- funding and resource mobilization, and
- participation, collaboration and networking;
- Reviewing financial flows for the implementation of the Convention;
- Giving recommendations to Convention's institutions and subsidiary bodies on priorities to be included in their programme of work and budget for the programming biennium;
with a view to submitting to the COP a final report on sessions held between ordinary sessions of the COP as well as draft decisions prepared at sessions held in conjunction with the COP.
The review of implementation at sessions held between ordinary sessions of the COP is based on reports by all reporting entities submitted at the same time.
Mandate of the CRIC at sessional sessions
The CRIC shall assist the COP in:
- Reviewing its report at sessions held between ordinary sessions of the COP on performance review and assessment of implementation, as it relates to information provided by Parties and other stakeholders;
- Reviewing the multi-year workplans of the Convention’s institutions and subsidiary bodies, including against performance indicators;
- Carrying out a performance review of Convention’s institutions and subsidiary bodies, including against performance indicators;
- Reviewing the performance and effectiveness of the CRIC in the year 2013 and at any other time that the COP may decide;
- Reviewing the collaboration with the GEF, including in the year 2013 and at any other time that the COP may decide;
- Providing advice on issues as requested by the CST;
- Evaluating The Strategy including its mid-term evaluation by 2013, with a view to elaborating draft decisions, where necessary.